[TYPO3-dev] Your Opinions please

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Mon Jul 5 17:50:18 CEST 2010

Don't know what was discussed as I was not there, but I find the whole BE to
complex for the other people to use in the company that I work for.

I've often thought that TYPO3 needs a sort of Frontend Backend (for want of
a better description) along the lines of wordpress - in this kind of
direction, I'm not saying WP is better, just that the BE is great for
non-nerds, and tries to reduce the compleity as much as possible.

I know that there is FE editing now which is great for when you see an error
in the page and want to change it quickly, but for all the other tasks like
managing categories, proof-reading and so on I think the BE is better. But
still too complex, just not showing something using exclude fields doesn't
make the BE a better experience if your a content writer.