[TYPO3-dev] Your Opinions please

Chris Zepernick {SwiftLizard} chris at swift-lizard.com
Mon Jul 5 16:33:04 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

after last weekends Dev-Days I´d like to ask you for your opinions on
two diffrent topics.

1. I would love to see the backend.php refactored for skininng purposes.
    At the moment the scaffolding as well as the js and css libs loaded
    are set in the render method as well as in __construct. Either in
    variables within the method or to protected vars that got no setter
    or getter.

    Anyone __against__ refactoring that so that those parts can be
    altered via hook, so backend can be styled completely free.

    At the moment I have to do that by Xclassing the backend.php witch
    is to my mind the nastiest way to do it. But I had no other chance.

2. The other Problem I encountered several times during development is
    that there are several nice BE - Modules / Classes witch I would
    like to reuse, for instance SC_db_list. Now if one tries to to
    require or include the file db_list.php you can imagine what
    happens,.. it does not work.

    All because of those nise little line on the bottom of the file:

	// Make instance:
	$SOBE = t3lib_div::makeInstance('SC_db_list');
	$SOBE->init();

	// Include files?
	foreach($SOBE->include_once as $INC_FILE)
		include_once($INC_FILE);

	$SOBE->clearCache();
	$SOBE->main();
	$SOBE->printContent();

    I would love to see that changed in 4.5 so that the file
    db_list.php requires the SC_db_list class from another location,
    so the class it self can be reused on different locations.

    This should be done for several other modules as well I think.

What do you think of this ? It wouldn´t harm core in any way but make
the classes reuseable for anyone who would like to.

If you agree I would file a feature request in Bugtracker and provide
some changes.

Cheers

Chris