[TYPO3-dev] Extra TSConfig option to disable target?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 31 15:40:39 CET 2010

Hi,

In an attempt to produce an XTHML strict compliant system the target
attributes are one thing to remove. While there are a couple of settings
to remove target attributes from links in the FE, it would be nice to
remove the option to set them from the BE.

For RTE HTMLArea you can set
RTE.default.buttons.link.targetSelector.disabled = 1 to prevent the
target selector from being rendered.

For the link browser version which is used for other link fields there
is no such setting.

I would like to make a patch for this, but I'm not sure in which part of
the TSConfig this setting belongs. browse_links::thisConfig is pretty
empty right now, so there doesn't seem to be a TSConfig section loaded
by default.

Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated!

--
Jigal van Hemert.