[TYPO3-dev] Custom module shows blank page with non-admin users.

Andreas Wagner andreas.wagner at klee.se
Sat Jan 30 02:33:30 CET 2010

Jason Alexander wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Now this issue has been discussed here: http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-english/2009-February/057821.html but there was no resolution of the issue. So let me try and explain my issue. I have built a few backend modules with the Kickstarter extension and they are viewable just fine for admin users. But for any other BE user, when you click on the module from the left hand side. The module page title shows up. But the rest of the page is blank. The previous discussion did say to look at the index.php file and search for the word "access" and to check BE users explicit permissions to access these modules. The access permission are setup properly and tested and the lines of code related to the word "access" in the index.php match other known modules that work. Here are some code snippets from my index.php that are related to the word "access"

Hi Jason,

I have no idea if this is of any help, but a while a go I had a similar
problem, but this was after posting a form in the module. It worked
perfectly well when logged in as an admin, but as a regular user, after
posting the form, only the module header showed up.
It turned out I had wrapped the form fields in an additional form tag,
which is invalid because the page is already wrapped in a form tag by
the module workings.

After removing the "<form>" and "</form>" from the module output,
everything worked as expected.

Probably not the solution to your problem, but anyways ...

/Andreas