[TYPO3-dev] New icons to the core or to t3skin?

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Jan 29 14:45:49 CET 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> You did not understand the question :) Let me ask it differently. *Why*
> do they have to be generated? :)
Because every extension / skin / new record-type adds new icons to the
TYPO3 Backend. That's why there HAS to be a system which automatically
generates ONE sprite for the current backend.
It's like cache cleaning on extension install and rebuilding the temp
files afterwards.
After development the images won't change often do they? They just need
to generate once a month or so. A load of some ms. Whats this against 1
Request for an icon against hundreds (on a list view for example with
many different records?

So I dont get your point. To me looks like just beeing anti because of a
bad day...

regards

Steffen