[TYPO3-dev] New icons to the core or to t3skin?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Jan 29 10:50:00 CET 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> In any case anything in typo3temp/ can be removed in any time. This is
> the idea of a "temp" directory.

The problems arises IMHO because typo3temp/ acts both as (short time) temporary storage and
(long/intermediate time) caching storage.

The difference between a temp/ and a cache/ is in my opinion that any process must (should) cleanup
any data created in temp/. It should hold only data that went to disk because it couldn't be
processed in memory. You could clean temp/ any time but I recommend to clean only old/stale files
unless the system is suspended.

A cache/ OTOH will naturally hold the data for longer and especially for retrieval by other processes.

Masi