[TYPO3-dev] New icons to the core or to t3skin?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 29 10:49:22 CET 2010

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> On 2010-01-29 10:49:05 +0200, Jigal van Hemert said:
>> Not very smart if someone would ask me. It's not hard to only clear
>> the files which have not been accessed the last x days. This would
>> clear the   old left overs, but would keep the frequently used files
>> (thus reducing the load on the system to recreate them on a daily basis).
>
> You do not know all circumstances, that's all. So you cannot really
> judge if they do it right or wrong.

Okay, let me rephrase that: I cannot think of circumstances right now
which would make it necessary to clear *all* files from the typo3temp
directory on a daily basis.

> In any case anything in typo3temp/ can be removed in any time. This is
> the idea of a "temp" directory.

Anything in that folder can be removed, true. TYPO3 will still have no
functional problems, but it can have a (temporary) impact on performance.

Regards, Jigal.