[TYPO3-dev] RealURL + subdomains problem

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:35:14 CET 2010

Hi!

On 2010-01-27 12:19:54 +0200, Stig Nørgaard Færch said:
> I have an installation with multiple sites.
> One of these sites needs RealURL - the rest does not. So I enabled
> realurl only for this site. Unfortunately it still breaks one of the
> other sites.
>
> This site (the first in the pagetree) works in a special way concerning
> subdomains. If I put in copenhagen.mydomain.dk then it uses
> 'copenhagen' as a search word, to get records which is related to this
> location.
>
> After I installed RealURL, I get this error:
> "RealURL error: unable to determine rootpage_id for the current domain."
>
> What are my options to solve this problem?

Firsts, you have to understand it.

When RealURL is called, it has no idea where it runs. It has only host
name. So it needs to make a check if it is enabled or not and peform
path conversions if necessary.

TYPO3 runs extensions for each and every site in the installation, so
even if you do not use RealURL on other sites, RealURL is still
activated and executed by TYPO3. It is how TYPO3 works.

So RealURL is called and it tries to find if it should work. In your
case you do not have domain records or configuration for other domains,
so RealURL panics and shows you that message.

Solution is simple: confgure all other domains. This is necessary if
you run several sites in a single installation. Regardless of whether
you use RealURL or not on other sites, you have to configure it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.