[TYPO3-dev] Using SVN for the Forge

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Thu Jan 21 22:21:09 CET 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer
Datum:       21.01.2010 22:09:
> Good evening!
>
> I'm new to SVN and collaborative/social coding,
> and I'd like to share my extensions and ideas on the forge.
>
> My development happens on an ubuntu server machine.
>
> What would be the best environment to establish a working
> collaboration to the Forge (http://forge.typo3.org/), ensuring
> to develop extensions, which will be supported by the actual
> major versions of TYPO3, continous?
>
> At the moment I'm working on some Extbase extensions, which
> should get ready for 4.4, but could/will also work with 4.3 already.
>
> Is it enough to set up a single TYPO3 installation on my server,
> creating a "SVN client repository" of this installation?
>
> How should I set up SVN for this? Is it maybe possible to
> create a symlink, which would hold the extensions or/and the
> SVN repository client?
>
> Any ideas on this?
>
> I'd really like to get into this and share my thoughts,
> while learning of others etc.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Thomas

To make it short:
Setup subversion on your OS.
Get an IDE for PHP development, e.g Eclipse with PDT.
Get the extensions of interest from Forge into your workspace.

If you also want to commit your chance to Forge became member of the
develpment team of extension.

So no own rep is required as a workspace can only be commited to one rep
(IMHO). I recommend to read more on subversion etc. to get a deeper
understanding.

Regs. Peter.

--
loans that change lives http://www.kiva.org