[TYPO3-dev] An open letter to the big boss..

Sebastian Gebhard sebastian.gebhard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 11:37:41 CET 2010

Hello there,

I know your time is valuable and I truly don't want to waste it but today I come to you with an
all-important request.

A few Weeks ago I enthusiastically started to contribute to the Extbase Kickstarter. I really think
this is an important project, to give more extension developers a hand to easily switch and have
more modern extensions in the future, which is again *very* important for the future of TYPO3.
When I realised developing such a kickstarter is not such a big deal as it seemed at first I was
really motivated to push this forward and bring in my ideas.

A few days I sat there and developed patches and surely brought Code Generation a few steps forward.
I had inspiring discussions with Sebastian Kurfürst, Rens Admiraal and got positive Feedback from
Ingmar Schlecht.
Then I had to spend more time again on my daily business, had to read interesting articles, develop
a little core patch, tried out this new API I found recently and so on.

What happened? I lost my motivation to work on the Extbase Kickstarter, though I still think it
would be very important and I'd really like to be a part of the project! Why? For motivation you (or
maybe only me?) need a constant level of inspiration. Inspiration again can comes from different
sources, but for me personally communication is a key source for inspiration!

This leads me to my point: Communication. Until now I used Skype and E-Mail to communicate with
other members of this project, which was unsatisfying because you can't really group-communicate or
more than 2 people will never find together in Skype at the same time. 2 or 3 times a mailing list
was metioned but until now it has not become reality.

So god, if you're out there and If you want to help a lot and a lot a lot and a lot a lot a lot a
lot of people, please generously present the TYPO3 community with a mailing list for the Extbase
Kickstarter so that inspiration can originate from it and this project can become reality.

Thanks for your efforts and kind regards from planet earth,

Sebastian Gebhard