[TYPO3-dev] IRRE fields on tt_content

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jan 13 14:34:26 CET 2010

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> On 2010-01-13 12:00:04 +0200, Steffen Kamper said:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> as i understand the wish to uniform these records i also see problems.
>>
>> As soon as tt_content record is mad a child record, the core doesn't
>> know that and doesn't handle that. So these records
>> * shouldb't be visible in any page module
>
> I do not know the standard page module but they will not be visible in
> TV because it does not show tt_content in sysfolders. Records with IRRE
> normally should be created in sys_folders, not on normal pages. It is a
> good habit to organize data in sysfolders.

i would do the same, but this is something user has active to do. It
would be great if core would do such things automatically. if there
would be "child record" support you won't need the sysfolder, example:

* tt_content::71 Record contains IRRE
* - child 1 of 71
* - child 2 of 71

If list would show these childs with indent (like localization view
does) and hide them in page module it would be easy to handle.

>> * should be marked as child records in list module
>>
>> As long as we don't have support for child records in BE i don't see a
>> real effort.
>
> Do you mean that it is ok for you when every extension creates its own
> set (possibly conflicting) of irre fields in tt_content table? :)

no, definitive not. But there are more things to do like the above
mentioned, thats what i try to say. It's pretty simular to the localized
tt_content records.

vg Steffen