[TYPO3-dev] Hooks to add information to BE-login form

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Wed Jan 13 13:59:34 CET 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Matthias Stübner
Datum:       13.01.2010 09:18:
> Good morning everybody,
>
> I recently started an extension that allows to display loginNews below the
> BE-Login, using normal ContentElements stored in a folder in pagetree, so
> it becomes easier to manage those loginnews (and that they care about
> START/STOP and similar).
>
> To hook-in I wanted to use the loginFormHook, but I found that, as soon as
> one hook function returns form code, the further hook functions will not be
> executed because the loop in discontinued.
>
> $formCode = t3lib_div::callUserFunction($function, $params, $this);
> if ($formCode) {
> 	$form = $formCode;
> 	break; // <- this needs to get removed
> }
>
> A XCLASS would help, but I would like to avoid it, as you never know
> whether someone else XCLASSed too.
>
> As I'm not yet familiar with services:
>
> Can a service make output to the screen, abd by that could be used here?
> Are there other/better options? Any hints?
>
> Cheers, Matthias

You know that there is $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['loginNews'] that takes
date, header and content, i.e.
	array(
		array(
				'date'=>$_EXTCONF['date'],
				'header'=>$_EXTCONF['header'],
				'content'=>$_EXTCONF['content'],
		)
	);

So it's pretty easy to fill that with information. Ok the layout is
limited. BUT....

Regs. Peter.

--
loans that change lives http://www.kiva.org