[TYPO3-dev] Hooks to add information to BE-login form

Matthias Stübner info at TYPO3Consultant.de
Wed Jan 13 09:18:09 CET 2010

Good morning everybody,

I recently started an extension that allows to display loginNews below the
BE-Login, using normal ContentElements stored in a folder in pagetree, so
it becomes easier to manage those loginnews (and that they care about
START/STOP and similar).

To hook-in I wanted to use the loginFormHook, but I found that, as soon as
one hook function returns form code, the further hook functions will not be
executed because the loop in discontinued.

$formCode = t3lib_div::callUserFunction($function, $params, $this);
if ($formCode) {
	$form = $formCode;
	break; // <- this needs to get removed
}

A XCLASS would help, but I would like to avoid it, as you never know
whether someone else XCLASSed too.

As I'm not yet familiar with services:

Can a service make output to the screen, abd by that could be used here?
Are there other/better options? Any hints?

Cheers, Matthias