[TYPO3-dev] Features for the List Module

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Sat Jan 9 00:25:17 CET 2010

Am 08.01.2010 20:03, schrieb Bernhard Kraft:
> Such discussions always end up with discussing wheter some feature should
> get into the core or not. Currently there are some hooks in the list module
> which allow you to show/hide any button by your own custom extension/hooks.

improvements in usability should go in! turning things off is
improvement, especially when you don't need any hook or xclass.

> Of course it would make sense to get this into the core. But not everybody
> needs it and putting too much stuff into the core leads to longer loading
> and processing times again. In my opinion the following two ways would be
> feasible:

not everybody needs multilinguagal support but it is still there ;)

I don't know the core as well as you but I doubt that this makes loading
much longer.

> 1. Leave it as it is and install my extension kb_modlist_actions if you
> need to hide some buttons depending on user/group.

yeah, leave everything like it is because everbody can still always use
XCLASS ;)

> 2. Make kb_modlist_actions a sysext "modlist_actions" but do not install it
> by default.

or just include it in core and there is one sysext less which is
installed everywhere.

Configuration needs to be there in any case.

my 2c

Georg