[TYPO3-dev] Features for the List Module

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Jan 8 20:03:00 CET 2010

Sebastian Gebhard schrieb:

> i did not know that extension yet. I took a quick look at it and it
> seems to provide similar functionality.
> Maybe I can take a closer look at the wording of the TS properties and
> maybe adjust mine.

Hello!

Such discussions always end up with discussing wheter some feature should
get into the core or not. Currently there are some hooks in the list module
which allow you to show/hide any button by your own custom extension/hooks.

Of course it would make sense to get this into the core. But not everybody
needs it and putting too much stuff into the core leads to longer loading
and processing times again. In my opinion the following two ways would be
feasible:

1. Leave it as it is and install my extension kb_modlist_actions if you
need to hide some buttons depending on user/group.

2. Make kb_modlist_actions a sysext "modlist_actions" but do not install it
by default.

greets,
Bernhard