[TYPO3-dev] Linkvalidator needs you

Philipp Gampe typo3.list at philippgampe.info
Tue Dec 21 17:36:59 CET 2010

Hi Martin,

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:59:33 +0100, Martin Kutschker wrote:

> But TER is a mess. If essential goody extensions are not being shipped
> as sysexts, I think we need a "gold extension" TER. These extensions are
> developed with the same rules and diligence as the Core itself, but are
> not shipped by default.

Well, as Steffen (Kamper) said it is too late for 4.5.

But maybe can change this for 4.6 and ship "A-Class" or "Gold" Extensions
within an extra TER (if new extension manager makes in for 4.5 we will
have support for this already). This would also allow to update those
extension more often. For those extensions, all core developers should
have commit access (to keep things going). Ideally a dedicated team
should care for those (which don't have to be core developers).

Well, that is my preferred solution.

Best regards
Phil