[TYPO3-dev] AJAX response size limit?

Stefan Frömken firma at sfroemken.de
Fri Dec 3 14:40:47 CET 2010

Am 30.11.2010 12:01, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to return an important amount of data (JSON-encoded) in a BE
> module as a result of an AJAX call, but I get an empty response. If I
> limit the quantity of data, I get a correct response. I've found some
> information hinting at a size limit, but I couldn't find any hard
> figures. Does anyone have an idea what the limit is and what sets the
> limits (i.e. server, browser, JS library, etc.)?
>
> Thanks

Maybe I'm wrong...it's only an idea. I have similar problems with saving
big FCEs in TemplaVoila. It breaks always at 10MB.
I found out that there is a limitation in php.ini called post_max_size 10MB.
When you work with AJAX you have to set if you send your data by GET or
POST. If you have choosen POST it "could be" that your problem lies in
this php-setting.

Stefan