[TYPO3-dev] PI language labels

J. Lingott jbl at deweblop.de
Mon Aug 30 10:09:02 CEST 2010

  Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> J. Lingott wrote:
>> am currently facing some problem related to fetching the right language
>> labels for the currently selected sys_language.
>> Am using pi_loadLL() to load the language fiel and pi_getLL() for the
>> labels. This routine was working fine already but now is just returning
>> the english labels. Should it be fine like that or am I missing anything?
> If it is for non your own private extensions, you may have translations for
> these extensions fetched from the translation server. If that happens, they
> are used and anything in extension's own language files is ignored. Thus
> incomplete external translations will result in using English labels.

Well, the extension is a XCLASS extension for another extension (t.b.e.
tt_news) using the processSingleViewLink hook. The loading by
pi_loadLL() is done in the constructor of the class and the fetching
with pi_getLL() occurs in a sub method of the hook method. Am always
using the class object to get the language data, not the parent object
from tt_news. What else besides using my own object could I do to
prevent the routine you described?