[TYPO3-dev] PI language labels

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Aug 30 09:45:55 CEST 2010

Hi!

J. Lingott wrote:
> am currently facing some problem related to fetching the right language
> labels for the currently selected sys_language.
> Am using pi_loadLL() to load the language fiel and pi_getLL() for the
> labels. This routine was working fine already but now is just returning
> the english labels. Should it be fine like that or am I missing anything?

If it is for non your own private extensions, you may have translations for
these extensions fetched from the translation server. If that happens, they
are used and anything in extension's own language files is ignored. Thus
incomplete external translations will result in using English labels.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member