[TYPO3-dev] future of FORM

Christian Opitz - Netzelf christian.opitz at netzelf.de
Tue Aug 24 21:26:55 CEST 2010

  Hi Ernesto,
> I would say the FORM-project from Patrick is still the "way to go". He
> has spend many hours of brainstorming about the issue already, and at
> least the concept of the TypoScript part of the form handling sounds
> very promising.
>
> Unfortunately the project was not finished, and Pat went on working on
> other stuff and is currently very busy with other projects. But I would
> welcome if we find a team to get that project rolling again.
>
> The end result should be an overworked FORM handling in TYPO3 core
> (maybe for 4.6 or later, but maybe even for 4.5 if we find more
> interested parties to work on it).
>
> I'll get in touch with Patrick and direct him to this thread.
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto
Thank you for the insight - i would appreciate if the project would go
on and i'm still very interested in a solution to easily manage forms.
Reinhard - leader of formhandler-project - once wrote me (sorry for
quoting without asking):
"IMHO the most reasonable was, if all developers working on something
with forms in TYPO3, would come together and negotiate a single core
extension that provides the basic functionality and a good API for
advanced needs. If we could get that there would be no need for so much
people worrying about one and the same problem and we finally had a form
handler thats fast, stable and powerfull." (Translated from german)
+2
Cheers,
Christian