[TYPO3-dev] future of FORM

Christian Opitz - Netzelf christian.opitz at netzelf.de
Tue Aug 24 16:26:47 CEST 2010

  Hi list,

i'm confused about which extension to use for form generation and
handling. A while ago i was beginning to write an extension to
formhandler that should serve as GUI to create and manage forms and
fields [1][2]. But because the project was dependent of a job that took
a while to start i did not work on it for a while.

Now i'm working on it again and i'm thinking about changing it's
behaviour from an ext for formhandler to a form manager that can export
to several formats like tca, zend form (already working), FORM, HTML,
formhandler configuration etc. BUT: I read about the FORM-project and
that for it a wizard is planned. When thats true my extension would be
more or less obsolete because i would center it arround this wizard and
not write an own.

Now my questions are: Are the updates on the FORM-project [3][4]? Or is
this project obsolete and a spread compromise is to use powermail or
formhandler? Do you see any sense in writing an form management module
at all?

[1]
http://www.iks.hs-merseburg.de/~meinike/PDF/aa/bachelorarbeit_opitz.pdf
(german only - sorry)