[TYPO3-dev] Create TYPO3 fe_users session

J. Lingott jbl at deweblop.de
Mon Aug 23 15:26:21 CEST 2010

  Am 23.08.2010 11:59, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> First of all: it's best to start a new thread instead of answering to
> another thread and changing the title. You have more chance of getting
> a relevant answer.
>
> On 23-8-2010 11:17, J. Lingott wrote:
>> Implementing an own user authentification, what would be the best way to
>> create a session for a specific fe user?
>
> Reading your story quickly, I think you should write an authentication
> service.
>
> General documentation on services can be found at [1].
>
> In the Extension Repository you can find various authentication
> services which you can use as inspiration: a demo authentication
> service [2], an LDAP authentication service [3], and others
>
> [1]
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_services/1.0.1/view/
> [2] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/cc_svauthdemo/current/
> [3] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/ldap_auth/current/

First of all sorry for just replying to a different topic, wasn't meant
to happen.

Back to the story. Waiting for a reply I first tried to get it going by
using the previously mentioned methods in a postUserLookUp hook and it
worked fine, user got logged in. But yet the use is not logged in when
going to another page which requires to be logged in. Then I switched to
an auth service to see if it gets solved by that. But the problem
remains: user session exists, but its values are incomplete as it seems.
Group data arrays are empty and user is an empty string, although the
auth method getUser returns a valid TYPO3 user.

My guess was these missing values cause the mentioned problem. Are there
any special methods to be used so those values get filled properly or
should they be filled automatically?