[TYPO3-dev] Create TYPO3 fe_users session

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 23 11:59:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

First of all: it's best to start a new thread instead of answering to
another thread and changing the title. You have more chance of getting a
relevant answer.

On 23-8-2010 11:17, J. Lingott wrote:
> Implementing an own user authentification, what would be the best way to
> create a session for a specific fe user?

Reading your story quickly, I think you should write an authentication
service.

General documentation on services can be found at [1].

In the Extension Repository you can find various authentication services
which you can use as inspiration: a demo authentication service [2], an
LDAP authentication service [3], and others

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_services/1.0.1/view/
[2] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/cc_svauthdemo/current/
[3] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/ldap_auth/current/