[TYPO3-dev] saltedpasswords and umlauts

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Thu Aug 12 18:12:18 CEST 2010

Am 12.08.2010 17:43, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
> Hi
>
>> Most probably it's an encoding/charset problem with JS-libs of rsa.
> I just uninstalled rsaauth and set loginSecurityMode back to
> superchallenged.
so saltedpasswords is not used any more... it is technically unpossible
to use saltedpasswords with superchallenged... it deactivates itself

 > Result was still the same: Passwords with umlauts do
 > not work, without they work (using SSL for changing the PW and login).
well, if you really did what you told, that's not a wonder... theres a
salted password stored, the settings self-deactivate saltedpasswords and
typo3 therefore compares the result as md5 or plain...