[TYPO3-dev] to eID or not to eID?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Tue Aug 10 02:00:47 CEST 2010

Am 2010-08-10 01:36, schrieb Lina Wolf:

> But if I do need the full program in my Ajax response: typolinks, therefore
> a cObject, Typoscript, therefore the whole TypoScript building process,
> localised strings, therfore...

You could try a trick:
When generating the ajax reply have a look for a cache file, if none is
there fire up TSFE (there are methods in class.tslib_eidtools.php).
Generate all TypoScript, etc. and store the parts of the TypoScript you
need as serialized array. The next time you have to generate this stuff
just deserialize the stored TS, make a cObj instance, and there you go.
No rat-tail of TSFE, cObject, llxml, t3lib/class.t3lib_*

> Is there still a real advantage in using eID then? Is there any advantage in
> using the alternative (witch would be page types?)

I think eID is good as long as you do not want to normally render
content, and send it to the browser via ajax (for replacing other
content). If you would like to generate only small messages like in
Facebook messages you could render such content by using a cObj and a
TEMPLATE object ... I think you won't need a TSFE in such cases.

greets,
Bernhard