[TYPO3-dev] FE - Groups & Session Handling Cache

Chris Zepernick {SwiftLizard} chris at swift-lizard.com
Wed Aug 4 13:02:55 CEST 2010

Hi Guys,

we just ran into the problem that we have too much querys to
the database for FE - Sessions & Groups.

We have an intranet website with about 50k FE users (next month 100k),
that have between 10 and 20 FE Groups with subgroups.

We solved our problems with the caching framework, which we used to
integrate caching in the whole auth process so that we are able to
use memcache for sessions, and store parsed fe-group sql results
in memcache for a while so that we reduce DB - traffic.

My question is if this is intresting for upcomming 4.5 core,
in that case we would provide you with our implementation.

regards

Chris