[TYPO3-dev] AJAX category assigning

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Wed Aug 4 11:05:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 27.07.2010 18:19, schrieb Ulrich Lorenz PHZ Luzern:
> I'm currently working on a photo gallery project for my employer that
> offers adding photos to a cart and checking them out in print quality.
> DAM and DAM Frontend (with some new features programmed by Stefan
> Busemann) are used for it.

I would be very interested in that feature. Can you give me more
information (private or here, don't care).

> We're pretty close now but still one problem remains: Our photographer
> needs to assign DAM categories to images without having to open the
> metadata of each picture, scrolling down, choosing, saving etc. So what
> we need is basically a new DAM submodule with thumbnails and all
> categories as drop zones.

What about using the core list view to use the mass edit thing which is
available after pressing the + icon and selecting the category.

> Has anyone experience with AJAX in the backend and could share some
> thoughts about it?

I did quite a few extensions but I doubt that drop zones are the right
way to go. What about using a right click > select the categories or
checkboxes which are being displayed after hovering the preview image?

Georg