[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Apr 29 13:42:23 CEST 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 3:12 AM, JoH asenau wrote:

>> Hey,... everybody,.... calm down. Everybody should make some steps
>> back ( or down ;) ) and realize that this is an open-source project,
>> where some guys working for free - working for free for you!!!
>
> You name it: *Some* guys are working for free, some are paid. After
> all this
> is why the TYPO3 Association has been founded: To make paid
> development of a
> new core possible, because people thought it would improve
> development speed
> and quality.
>
> So I guess it's about setting a deadline for the paid guys to make
> sure,
> they won't waste the money. BUT in a way you are right - and the
> capitals
> here are intentional - because this means:
>
> ONLY those people should complain, who REALLY donated money, be it
> by being
> a member of the T3A or by donating a certain amount directly - and
> even
> these people should try to understand, that you can't have both, top
> quality
> AND fast development with a such a small team. And I guess it could
> be wise
> to just let the team finish their work the way they decided to do it,
> because this might increase the return on investment dramatically.
>
> Just another 2 cents of a T3A member
>
> Joey

Joey,

there are enough people here in the list and did make responses that
have the right to say something. it' not all about direct donation in
terms of $$$. The V4 (core) people  really keep TYPO3 alive in terms of
submitting extensions, managing  the mailinglists, managing the IRC
channel,
providing patches to core V4,  developing extensions for V4, patching an
releasing new versions of V4. All these people have a right to say
something
after all it's there investment into there future, if they have
stomach itches
about FLOW3 then they can say that.
If it wasn't for them, TYPO3 would have been dead.

Ries