[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 10:41:32 CEST 2010

Hi!

Irene Höppner wrote:
> But there are several hooks that put the whole tce-object into
> extensions methods. To keep the compatibility of this api all the
> attributes and method-names have to be the same and have to do the same.
> So, how much refactoring is possible under this conditions?

Refactoring will not affect existing hooks. They will get the same data as
before. Huge methods will be split to much smaller protected ones,
variables renamed to have speaking names, code cleaned up from redundancy.
Existing methods will work as wrappers, so no external code change will be
necessary.

It is all possible. I am quite sure it is possible to refactor the whole
TCEmain in a 1–2 weeks of full time work + a week for testing and tuning.
But it is a huge job, which needs enthusiasm. The result is having faster
and easier to read code.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member