[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 08:05:28 CEST 2010

Hi!

Zachary Davis, Cast Iron Coding LLC wrote:
> blame "R&K&S" for making mistakes in the process of trying to find a
> new way forward for the TYPO3 project.

I did not do that. If you read my message again, you should see that I
blame them only that they refused to listen to experience of others. That's
all.

> I remember thinking that rejecting what had long stood as accepted
> development practices in the TYPO3 community (extensions with all code
> encapsulated in a single, 100k pi1 script, for example) was a positive
> move in a new direction

It is not about that. If I tell you: "Don't push that red button because it
will blow everything up" and you push it, would it be considered as
rejecting accepted practice? I think it would be considered as non–clever
behavior instead :) Same was with v5 team in 2006. They ignored experience
of others totally. They decided to be the only contributors and try what
other already tried and failed. They were told not to lose time on
something, which was known not to work. They ignored it. This is what it is
about.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member