[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 27 23:16:33 CEST 2010

Jochen Rau wrote:
> Is fact that some of the v4 core parts (namely tcemain and tceforms) are
> not rewritten again and again a sign of good software design? I don't
> think so. It is just real world without the possibility to change.

Backwards compatibility + hooks + xclass = rigid class structure and
limit options to change code itself.

Adding flexibility for modifications of the core functionality without
changing the core files results in a rigid structure.

I'm really curious to see the options in FLOW3 to modify the
framework/core functionality (seriously, no irony intended).

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl