[TYPO3-dev] blog_example gives error "A cache with identifier "cache_extbase_reflection" does not exist"

Chris Zepernick {SwiftLizard} chris at swift-lizard.com
Thu Apr 22 22:11:51 CEST 2010

Hi Thomas,

> Regarding the performance, have a look here:
> http://flow3.typo3.org/download/release-notes/100-alpha-8/

Thanks for the link, and yes the page is right that perfomance tests
mostly don´t say anything. But we tested it also in our environments
and it ws really slow at the moment.

What really frightens me from the business point of view is the
following sentence:

 >...we do care about speed and that in the following order:
 >
 >1. Development Speed
 >2. Execution Speed

I don't know your customers, but at mine this being said it is like a
death sentence. To most of the deciders ears this might sounds like: "We
rather die in beauty, then deliver a performant software"

I work at high performance web and intranet projects, so this is
definetly a reason to switch to another software then typo3 / flow3.

And it is sentences like these on official typo3 / flow3 websites that
literaly drive me crazy. If you as a developer care more about dev
speed, and beautiful code, that is your opinion, but please stop
communicating things like these on official community websites.

At projects of 200.000€ and more the common customer does not care about
5.000 to 10.000€ more ore less at development (also he will complain
abou it ;-)), they need a high performance working piece of software
selling their product(s), no matter if it is information (meedia.de),
marketing (bitburger.de) or real world products (http://www.bonaparte.de).

cheers

chris