[TYPO3-dev] Scheduler: Kill task if takes too long

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Apr 22 15:54:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

> But it's afaik not possible to actually kill a running cli process.

Indeed it's not currently possible. To achieve this we would need to
know and store the id of the process that's currently running the
problematic task. The issue is that a process might have to run several
tasks and if it is killed because of a "bad" task, the other tasks will
not be run at that time but will have to wait for the next run.

In essence this would require to fork the process each time a task is
launched, but I don't know if that's feasible.

Anyway I know about that issue, but you may still want to open a bug
report for it, so that we don't forget. I had very little time to work
on the Scheduler for 4.4, but I'll try to give it more attention for
4.5. Of course others should feel free to work on the Scheduler too, as
Christian already did. It will only help speed the Scheduler's development.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter