[TYPO3-dev] resized 24bit PNGs (RGBa) are to heavy in filesize - any tipps?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Apr 14 19:03:13 CEST 2010

Hey there,

on a current project I have to work with 24bit PNG images (images with
alpha channel). Those images get resized and displayed quite nicely, but
the file size is way to big, compared to the size when I export the same
image in the same size from Photoshop or any other software. (Typo3 = 92
kB, Photoshop = 31 kB)

I searched the web to find some imageMagick parameter I could add in
order to reduce the file size, but didn't succeed so far. So I wanted to
ask you for help. Can anybody give me a hint what parameters I need?

And if somebody knows how I can apply this parameters only to PNG files
if I get trouble with other image formats, that would also be nice. If
not I have to xclass t3lib_stdgraphic or something. Thanks.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch