[TYPO3-dev] collaboration work & typoscript & svn

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Fri Oct 30 12:01:42 CET 2009

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Krystian Szymukowicz
Datum:       30.10.2009 11:32:

> hi
>
> I'd like to ask you if you could share your experience of how do you do
>  collaborative work on bigger TYPO3 projects where more than one person
> do the changes.
>
> I am just on the beginning of collecting ideas. Right now I have:
>
> 1) SVN
>
> 2) Moving all "template typoscript" from template records to files.
>
> 3) Moving all "page typoscript" from template records to files.
>
> 4) Moving all "user typoscript" from template records to files.
>
> 5) Leaving one template record in database. This template record will
> contain constants with reference to page uids typical to page tree which
> can be different at local, development and production servers.
> For example *constants* section could have:
> a) at local server
> plugin.tt_news.pid_list = 88
> plugin.tx_myplugin.page_with_content_uid = 33
> b) at development server
> plugin.tt_news.pid_list = 884
> plugin.tx_myplugin.page_with_content_uid = 334
> c) at production server
> plugin.tt_news.pid_list = 188
> plugin.tx_myplugin.page_with_content_uid = 1243
>
> 6) I'd like also to separate default "page TS", "user TS", "template TS"
> as extension. Something like "cbstarter" extension of Michael Cannon.
> So this will be standard piece of TS code used in all my projects and it
> will be extended/overwritten by TS settings specific to implementation.
>

> Now my doubts are:
> 1) Do you put all "template TS" into one big file ? Or you have separate
> file for:
> a) "config.ts"
> b) "plugins/tt_news.ts"
> c) "plugins/css_styled_content.ts"
> d) "plugins/...
> e) "subparts/main-menu.ts"
> f) "subparts/footer.ts"
> g) "subparts/...
> etc.
>
> Working with one big file is IMO not effective and could bring svn
> conflicts, but is there any drawback of separating "template TS" into
> 10-15 small files ? What is your opinion?
>

> What else do you propose to make that collaborative work more efficient?
> Redmine? :)

First we have two different extension: one basic extension defining all
the standards we think that should be common for all projects. And than
the local settings in a different extension. We have put everything in
external files and defined our file structure to make it easy to support

If you like to know more pls contact me on PM.

Peter.

--
Fiat lux! Docendo discimus.

http://www.uon.li