[TYPO3-dev] EXT: categorization - proof of concept

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Oct 29 12:31:32 CET 2009

>> You don't need additional plugins to display the tagged data,
>> altough the tagpack already offers a tagcloud plugin and a result
>> list plugin. Since almost any table can be made "taggable" with TS
>> config, in many cases it's just enough to add some SQL to the
>> queries that are already in use by the different output related
>> plugins via TS or PHP.
>>
>> But these are details we can discuss later at forge.
>>
> I saw that you can tag content and there is a plugin that displays
> lists of records with a certain tag. In what way does it support
> current extension plugins to only display records or a certain tag?

Hi Rik

Some basic information in advance:
Tagging can be activated for almost any kind of record, as long as this
record is editable in the backend and has got own TCA settings. If you
didn't set it while installing the extension you just use page TSconfig or
user TSconfig to activate the tagging:

tx_tagpack_tags {
    taggedTables = tt_news,tt_content,tx_mytable
    getTagsFromPid = 4
}

pageTSconfig might be the better approach to set getTagsFromPid so you can
activate tagging for certain records together with a special container for
their tags in particular branch of the page tree.

Currently the tagpack offers 3 ways to implement it's functionality into
other extensions and plugins as well:

1. It's got a an API with certain methods to get and set data regarding tags
and tagging:
http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/entry/extension-tagpack/trunk/lib/class.tx_tagpack_api.php
Just include it as USER or USER_INT or directly in the PHP code of your
plugin and you can manipulate almost anything based on selected tags.

2. It offers a lot of TypoScript you can easily implement i.e. to get a mini
tagcloud for items in a list:
http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/extension-tagpack
The interesting part is in the section "### The tags assigned to this
record" of the second example, which is for tt_news records in this case,
but can be assigned to almost any other record as well

3. The listing plugin can be used as a replacement for the listings of other
extensions, because it is fully TypoScript based and can be adapted to
behave like i.e. tt_news LIST

But maybe you can call me, since talking might be better than just waiting
for answers on a newsgroup :-)

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian