[TYPO3-dev] EXT: categorization - proof of concept

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Mon Oct 26 15:55:22 CET 2009

Hi all,

Some time ago there was a discussion about a categorization extension.
There are some available but they don't seem to work fully. So I created
my own. The great benefit of this extension is that it does not require
the original extensions to be changed.

I'm looking for people who are willing to give it a test and give some
feedback. For now it's simple but it has potential. It will work with
tt_news records for now.

Grap a copy at:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-categorization

That it does

At the page level you can select one or more categories from a category
tree. These are DAM categories, so this extension needs to be installed.
Then in a tt_news record you can also select one or more categories.
When you have a page that contains a tt_news list or latest plugin only
the news items will be shown that meet the categorization criteria you
set that page level.
Later this can be extended to all other extensions without modifying the
extension itself.

How it works

The enableFields function has a hook that you can use to add statements
to the where clause. This extension uses that hook to add the category
criteria.

Greets, Rik