[TYPO3-dev] EXT: categorization - proof of concept

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Oct 26 16:34:44 CET 2009

> Some time ago there was a discussion about a categorization extension.
> There are some available but they don't seem to work fully. So I
> created my own. The great benefit of this extension is that it does
> not require the original extensions to be changed.

Well - actually there is one extension that already does exactly the same,
just giving it another name.
The tagpack has been introduced at T3CON08 in Berlin and is now close to
being stable.
In fact categorization is nothing else but tagging with a predefined set
without the option to create new tags.
This can be easily realized with the current version of the tagpack.

Since there are plans for a global system of categories, tags and semantic
relations, maybe we can join forces instead of reinventing different looking
wheels ;-)
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-tagpack

Hope to see you there

Joey