[TYPO3-dev] t3lib_error_Exception

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Oct 1 15:07:55 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> but not *warning* ;)
>>
>> 'exceptionalErrors' => E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE
>
> which includes E_WARNING - only notices are suppressed.
>
> testcase:
> create a tt_content element text/w image
> upload an image
> delete this image from the upload folder
> open the content lement with the missing image for editing
>
> in 4.2 you still had a chance to fix this in the TYPO3 BE
> in 4.3 you can fix this only in phpmyadmin or in the filesystem

True, maybe we should return 'false' in case of E_WARNING so that our
exception handling works as before, but the script continues (as it
would in regular PHP mode). Wouldn't that be sufficient to keep
backwards compatibility but still handle warnings through our new scheme
with a much better reporting?

Cheers,
Ernesto