[TYPO3-dev] How to use the new autoloader feature?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sat May 30 17:55:43 CEST 2009

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>>> IMHO using a standard filename and class name pattern should be enough
>>> for the autoloader to find the class. Only legacy class names that don't
>>> match the requirements should be registered manually.
>>
>> That was my suggestion too, but it seems that we need to "register" all
>> classes in the array, even if they could be found by naming conventions.
>>  Might be a bit "faster".
>
> I guess it was designed so because there are quite a few legacy classes,
> that don't follow naming conventions.

So? Dmitry and I had created an auto-scan routine that would even detect
all classes during the installation. Absolutely no need to configure
anything.

Originally our version allowed all classes of an extension to be
autoloaded. Now I think this should be adjusted to allows only those
classes following the naming rules. Only for legacy classes the
registration should be necessary.

Masi