[TYPO3-dev] How to use the new autoloader feature?

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri May 29 17:41:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> IMHO using a standard filename and class name pattern should be enough
>> for the autoloader to find the class. Only legacy class names that don't
>> match the requirements should be registered manually.
>
> That was my suggestion too, but it seems that we need to "register" all
> classes in the array, even if they could be found by naming conventions.
>  Might be a bit "faster".

I guess it was designed so because there are quite a few legacy classes,
that don't follow naming conventions. I guess it would still be worth
being able to do with the ext_autoload.php file when naming conventions
are strictly respected.

Maybe someone who worked on this feature can tell us why?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter