[TYPO3-dev] Discussion: Translate Page titles

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri May 29 12:02:42 CEST 2009

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] schrieb:
>> I just wanted to know if we do ONE change to the pagetitle wherever it
>> is displayed (like "if table == pages AND show Other language") or if
>> we aim for 4 hooks in total?
>
> I like the hooks more because they can be use for more issues but best
> would be a combination. So you set the other title and a hook can still
> have access to both titles (original and translated)
>
> what you think?

I like hooks less because you need to have 4 (!) hooks to change the
page title consistently. Probably more as you go on developing the
feature. If it's to be a hook then only one in a central
getPageTitleForDisplay() function.

Masi

PS: Hooks in v4 are getting a real nuisance IMHO. There's too much of
them. They make the API even more unclean if that is possible.