[TYPO3-dev] Discussion: Translate Page titles

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Fri May 29 11:56:48 CEST 2009

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] schrieb:
>> I just wanted to know if we do ONE change to the pagetitle wherever it
>> is displayed (like "if table == pages AND show Other language") or if
>> we aim for 4 hooks in total?
>
> I like the hooks more because they can be use for more issues but best
> would be a combination. So you set the other title and a hook can still
> have access to both titles (original and translated)
>
> what you think?

*looks at the pandora's box he's just opened*
I think I will invest two hours to look into it where ad how often the
pagetitle is being taken from the database.
I I find mire than 4 places at that point I will provide the hooks and
make my v1 of my extension work.

Basically I guess my idea would be a patch to a whole bunch of files
since I'd like a central "getPageTitleInLanguage($pageUid,$langUid)"
function that should be used all over the core.

Maybe something like this exists (but I doubt it ;-))

cheers
headshaking Mattes

--
TYPO3 certified intregator