[TYPO3-dev] For whom do we/you develop

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-s-p-a-m at hotmail-sp-a-m.com
Fri May 29 02:42:56 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

> Gimme blog, news, calendar? No, I want content....
> Perhaps you'll get what I'm trying to say.

I'm not sure about the "No, I want content".

Well, I want performance, news, DBAL/PDO/adodb. Oh, and a Backend would
help.

Seriously. I also got the feeling that there's lots of theory behind
FLOW3/Fluid/Extbase. As long as we got a CMS in the end, it's ok but
yeah sometimes I also got impression that theory won over a tangible
product.

I also got the impression the "old-school devs" will stay with v4 for
the next 3 years at least. Even Kasper (checked with him 1 month ago)
will not be able to code with
cutting-edge-DDD-patterns-whatever-youngsters-are-learning-now.

On the other hand my hope was raised by the integration of Extbase and
Fluid into Core of 4.3. So there's a brighter light now that wasn't
there last year...

Patrick