[TYPO3-dev] experimental TYPO3v4 gitsvnmirror on github

Thorsten Kahler [dkd] thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Thu May 28 14:17:50 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

Peter Niederlag schrieb am 28.05.2009 11:38 Uhr:
> Is anyone of you interested in working with git for doing local
development?

> I have setup a gitsvn mirror of the TYPO3v4 svn on github:
>
> http://github.com/typo3/typo3v4core/ git clone
> git://github.com/typo3/typo3v4core.git
>
> Maybe this is of use to anyone.

thanks for setting up the mirror on github!

I'm thinking about testing git for a while now, but didn't find the time
yet. But lately I came across mercurial, which serves the same purpose.
I was talking to Christopher Hlubek about that and he tended to prefer
mercurial over git.

I'm still undecided: github is a nice platform for us to play around
with git's features but mercurial might better fit our needs and wishes.

Just two links to form an opionon on (distributed) source code management:
- the "Better SCM initiative":
<http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html>
- a discussion on reddit.com containing some links:
<http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/7w52g/>

I think there's no need yet to decide for a successor for our svn
repository. But let's make up our minds for something new ;-)

Regards
Thorsten

--

Thorsten Kahler