[TYPO3-dev] String keys in COA/COA_INT

Rudy Gnodde rgn at windinternet.nl
Thu May 28 11:16:53 CEST 2009

Hello Steffen,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> 3. A sorting parameter. So you would get "lib.foo.sometext.sorting =
>> 10". If multiple items have the same sorting (or none at all) you
>> could still do it in alphabetical order so it would still be backwards
>> compatible.
>>

> to complicate. I wouldn't like to deal with such extra option.
> Why don't you use comments like every coder does?
>
> #10 is used for the sometext
> lib.foo.10 = ...
>
> this is visible in object browser too.

I disagree that it's too complicated (at least not from the TypoScript
perspective). But you don't have to use it if you don't like it. Like I
said it would be backwards compatible, so you can still do it the way
it's done now.

I do use comments now, but it still gets confusing when using conditions
and/or TypoScript templates on different branches in the page tree.

The only real problem I see with this is that sorting it in PHP would
get a bit more complicated and it might affect performance (this should
be tested).

Regards,

Rudy Gnodde
WIND Internet