[TYPO3-dev] Extension rules

Philipp Gampe phil at philippgampe.info
Tue May 26 21:33:44 CEST 2009

Am 26.05.2009, 20:45 Uhr, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov
<dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com>:

> Hi!
>
> Oliver Leitner wrote:
>> 2. Is Typo3 a way to make quick bucks like your favorite online poker,
>> or do we stand for something higher?
>
> You get TYPO3 for free. What else do you expect? :) Everyone wants to
> eat, developers are no exclusion. You use TYPO3 for free, so there is no
> real reason to object against ads :)

Sure they do, but I dont like the idea of having adds all over the place
However I strongly support the paypal links as it is an easy and
transparent! way to support the authors.

Anywhy, there should be no adds as long as there are no specific rules
where to put them in oder to not distract user
and yes, I fear too that starting to have adds at ramdon places will be
the beginning of decrease of Typo3

I believe (and thats my opinion) that a project like Typo3 lives from
volunteer work. Sure developers need to eat, but placing adds is not the
best idea.
Otherwise it will end up where Joomla is now. A lot of stuff, but mostly
for advertising purpuse.

I would like the core team (or association) to define some rules where
adds can be placed. The manual is not the best place to have adds. A
thanks and a link to the sponsor is just fine.
And keep up the paypal idea.

Best Regards
Phil