[TYPO3-dev] Extension rules

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 26 13:32:50 CEST 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:41:52 +0200 Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] wrote:

> Oliver Leitner schrieb:
[...]
>> 2. Is Typo3 a way to make quick bucks like your favorite online poker,
>> or do we stand for something higher?
>
> This depends on your focus.
> If my extensions were used thousands of times and all you get in reward
> is "fix this, fix that" otherwise folks will bash your ext on the lists
> I can understand (not support, though) the approach of getting donations
> this way.

the downloadcounter (which unfortunately is broken at the moment) can
give a hint which extensions are installed often. So this was a hint how
much an extension is usable for people.

As Mathias I can understand people willing to get money for their work,
especially if it is used very often. It is everyones own decision which
kind he will use. It's a question wether you frighten off people.

I would not use banner advertising (I don't use it even for my own site).
I don't think advertising-links in the manual are appropriate.
For me a link in the documentation to my own site is ok, there could be
advertising. Especially if there is more information/ examples for the
extension it is useful for admins to have this link.

bernd