[TYPO3-dev] Extension rules

Oliver Leitner shadow333 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 12:52:12 CEST 2009

ive just seen the same effect in alot of applications on their way to
the trashbin....

and i kinda like typo3, thats why i am a bit upset;)

i can understand the point of giving the developers the possibility to
mark their extensions, good that the review is not handled automatic,
thats what a review is all about, aight?, about the checking of
applications before going life, thats what i ment with playmachine...

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Steffen Gebert
<steffen at steffen-gebert.de> wrote:
> Oliver Leitner wrote:
>
>> 1. If the states are possible to set by developers, what do we need
>> them for then (this has been wondering me for a while, and i always
>> thought that actually in TER it'd be a bit more strict)?
> The developer is the only one who no, if the extension is stable enough to
> be used in production environment. Every other state (alpha,beta) means it
> should not be used by definition - of course many extensions are declared as
> beta and work perfectly since years (e.g css_styled_content).
>
> This has noting to do with strictness of TER - everybody can send his
> extensions to TER and there is no automatically review at all!
>
>> 2. Is Typo3 a way to make quick bucks like your favorite online poker,
>> or do we stand for something higher?
> Maybe.. if the developer wants to do so and you support him by installing
> his extension?
> You should always review the extension code yourself before using an
> extension in production.
>
> So I don't really understand, why you're so upset.
>
> Regars
> Steffen

Oliver Leitner
http://www.neverslair-blog.net