[TYPO3-dev] Extension rules

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue May 26 12:43:45 CEST 2009

Oliver Leitner wrote:

> 1. If the states are possible to set by developers, what do we need
> them for then (this has been wondering me for a while, and i always
> thought that actually in TER it'd be a bit more strict)?
The developer is the only one who no, if the extension is stable enough to
be used in production environment. Every other state (alpha,beta) means it
should not be used by definition - of course many extensions are declared as
beta and work perfectly since years (e.g css_styled_content).

This has noting to do with strictness of TER - everybody can send his
extensions to TER and there is no automatically review at all!

> 2. Is Typo3 a way to make quick bucks like your favorite online poker,
> or do we stand for something higher?
Maybe.. if the developer wants to do so and you support him by installing
his extension?
You should always review the extension code yourself before using an
extension in production.

So I don't really understand, why you're so upset.

Regars
Steffen